An artistic nomad, a relentless explorer, a commercial star with the aesthetics of an Indie actor and above all a believer in the endless possibilities of man and his grasp, actor-producer- entertainer Nakuul Mehta stands out in a crowd as the quintessential hero like no one. Either on screen or off screen. A de facto maverick.
These qualities could very well be attributed to his growing up years when he traveled through the length and breadth of the country courtesy his service background. Born into a family of warriors - his great grandfather Mehta Laxmilal was the Commander in chief of Mewar whilst his father Pratap Singh Mehta fought the Indo-Pak war of 1971 – Nakuul has forever valued and been extremely proud of his heritage. Thanks to his illustrious yet rooted background, he grew up with a special ability to connect with people across cultures, economic strata & diverse backgrounds. It came as no surprise to his family when he chose to make a career in the entertainment industry as an actor, performer and anchor.
Nakuul’s artistic journey spans a transmedia trajectory right from fiction based television to new age web content to live shows to main stream stage reality shows.
Nakuul’s creative endeavors aren’t just restricted to acting or hosting. The year 2016 saw his debut as the Producer and star of the multiple award winning web series ‘I Don’t Watch TV’ (Arre, 2016). A rollercoaster ride into the behind-the- scenes drama, power struggles and pure madness of the Indian television industry, IDWT went on to win the Best Director and Best Actor awards at the inaugural Talent Track Digital Awards in 2017. He currently working on his second production Gangster Newton, a scientific gangster comedy thriller.
Nakuul is amongst the top faces on Indian Television today. His portrayal of Shivaay Singh Oberoi in Star Plus’ ‘Ishqbaaaz’ has catapulted him into one of the top youth icons on Television. He has consistently ranked amongst the top 5 characters India has loved in the last one year (Source: Ormax media). Besides winning a sizeable fan following, he has also won almost every Television award for Best Actor in 2016/17. It was actually his debut TV show Rajshri Production’s ‘Pyar Ka Dard Hai’ (2012-2014) on Star Plus that made him a household name nationally & internationally amidst the sub continental diaspora. He also went on to host India's biggest talent show India's Got Talent (2015) on Colors apart from hosting & performing at a plethora of award shows like IIFA, Star Guild, Big Star, Indian Television Academy & Star Parivaar.
Nakuul has very successfully transitioned to playing a diversely different role on stage in the award winning production of Michael Bartlett’s ‘Cock’ (2013) which has achieved both critical acclaim & sold out houses at Prithvi Theatre, Mumbai & Jagriti in Bengaluru.
Apart from being a popular face on the tube, he is a fantastic presenter. He slips in and out beautifully from being
absolutely elegant and classic MC to a super energetic, quick witted ‘fun maker’, as he likes to call himself. He
has a captivating stage presence owing largely to his rich theatre experience that gives him the much needed
spontaneity and the ability to handle any situation.
• Star Parivaar Award ‘2017
• Big Star Entertainment Award Red Carpet ‘2016
• Star Guild Award Red Carpet ‘2015
• India’s Got Talent 6 on Colors (2015)
• ITA (Indian Television Academy Awards) Nov 2014 on Colors
• Star Parivaar awards’2014 with Bharti Singh (June’14)
• ‘Weekend with the Stars’ & the Green Carpet at IIFA’2014 – Tampa (US) (May’14)
• Corporate/film events, high profile sangeet celebrations and award nights in India and internationally
• Star Parivaar Award (May’17)
• Star Parivaar Award (April’ 16)
• AAHOA (Asian American hotel owners convention) at Long Beach Performing Arts Centre - LA. (April'15)
• Diwali event at Times Square with over 200,000 people in attendance.(Sept'14)
• Opening Magic act at the Star Parivaar awards 2014. (June’14)
• Star Guild awards (Jan’14)
• Big Star Entertainment awards with Mukti Mohan (Dec’13)
• Birmingham Diwali Mela (UK – Nov’13)
• Saath Hain Hum – Uttrakhand charity drive (Aug’13)
• Star Parivaar awards with Disha Parmar (July’13)
• Nakuul won the National ballroom champion’11 representing Maharashtra in the AIDSF
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
• Best Actor Critics – Gold Award for ‘Ishqbaaaz’ 2017
• Best On Screen Jodi – Gold Award for ‘Ishqbaaaz’ 2017
• Best Actor – Talent Track Award for ‘I Don’t Watch TV’ 2017
• Most Popular Digital Actor – Star Parivaar Award 2017
• Most Popular International Jodi – Star Parivaar Award 2017
• Best Beta Award – Star Parivaar Award 2017
• Best Actor – Asian Viewers Television Award for ‘Ishqbaaaz’ 2016
• Best Anchor – The Indian Icon Film Award for ‘India’s Got Talent’ 2015
• Best Actor Television - NBC awards for ‘Pyar Ka Dard Hai’ 2015
• Best On Screen Jodi - Indian Telly Awards for ‘Pyar Ka Dard Hai’ 2014
• Best Actor TV – Big Star Entertainment Award for ‘Pyar Ka Dard Hai’ 2013
• Best Debut – Gold Award 2013
• Best Debut – Indian Telly Award 2013
• Best Debut /Naya Sadsya – Star Parivaar Award 2013
Being a well-known public figure has never been an end in itself for Nakuul. He believes in utilizing his position as
an opinion leader and a motivator of the youth to further issues, causes and conversations that he truly believes
in and are close to his heart.
From being at the forefront of a unique and immensely successful crowdfunding campaign for a master’s level
athlete to helping further conversation about the future of sport in India to building awareness on issues like
cancer, Nakuul has been part of some noteworthy endeavours:
• Successfully created, headlined & executed a crowd funding social media campaign - #BhaagAnilBhaag
to raise financial support via sponsorship for Master’s athlete Anil Kumar from Kerala to partake in the
Athletic Masters Championships in China.
• Chosen as the face of #BeClearOnCancer campaign representing the South East Asian community by
the NHS Trust (UK).
• Only contemporary young actor on Television to be invited on ‘We the people’ with Barkha Dutt
• Chosen as the face of Star network to present the ‘Nayi soch awards’ at the post match ceremony at IPL7
• Chosen as the face of Star Network to present the ‘Nayi soch’ award at the post match ceremony of Pro
Outside all his celebrity endeavours, what truly excites him is travelling the world and devouring the culture and
people of different nationalities. It has worked as a huge motivator for him, both as a person and as an
entertainment professional. Besides, his natural affable persona aids him in his journey to connect with people &
to entertain them. This has also in many ways helped him play characters and personalities that are far removed
from his own experiences.
A closet filmmaker, a hardcore fitness enthusiast, war film buff & half-a- poet, he is also a published writer with the
Chicken Soup for the Indian Soul – On Friendship series. Add a post graduate degree in Management and you
get a unique edge that creates an aura that is magnetic and unbelievably refreshing.